Search This Blog

Friday, May 21, 2010

Happy heart, happy mind, happy soul


An attitude of gratitude brings opportunities and it doesn't stop coming as long as you hold on to that belief. It is the most powerful tool you can have in life - the ability to turn a sticky situation into a wonderland of possibilities. Yesterday, I was asked by my friend Neil to walk for Calvin Tran fashion show and since Calvin Tran is one of my favorite designers, I simply must do it. I walked in there and made it my bitch. I say that with all humbleness - meaning, I walked in there with a happy heart, an open mind and feet firmly planted to the ground and with those three tools, I was able to meet new friends, inspire people and had a BLAST. In many occassions I have proven time and time again that when you project what you feel inside your heart - your stance, your smile, your words and your thoughts immediately represent that. What's in your heart is something you just can't fake and when you have a happy one - you can't help but spread those same thoughts and feelings to the people that surround you. Laughter, positivity, kindness are all infectious.


Sometimes, I think to myself, am I just too breezy and easy-going? Should I tighten the reins a little? Nah! In retrospect, I happen to like my approach, it's worked for me for many years and I'm not going to change now. I am simply not going to fix something that isn't broken. Although, I admire people who are a bit more serious and business-like in their approach to life and love, I simply cannot see myself in the same grouping of individuals.


So, what have I learned? I've learned to always let my manners speak for me, I've learned to always speak my truth and to always socialize with compassion, kindness and grace because the power of love and compassion is inifite and far reaching. It warms a cold heart, it turns a frown upside down, and it brings you many blessings, many friends and many happy memories. And isn't it what life is all about? Creating memories, enjoying what you do whatever it may be, cultivating relationships, loving with all your heart, living with passion and dedication and laughing your ass off along the ride.


No comments:

Post a Comment