Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

For JLatt

I hardly even know you and we've only had a few conversations between emails/texts, and a few pleasantry exchanges in the office.  We have never hung-out outside the bounds of suite 555's four walls but I feel compelled to tell you how much I admire your courage and your disposition towards everything that you must be going through.  I will not even begin to pretend that I know what you must be feeling, but, I know from what I've seen and heard that you are dealing with it beautifully.  It really teaches other people around you about the beauty in life and the happiness found in simple things, it teaches all of us appreciation and gratitude towards the little treasures that we have, and most importantly it teaches us to cherish the short life we are given and to never take our loved ones for granted.  I don't want to waste another minute being upset at my first world grievances, I want to spend all my days appreciating, loving, smiling, thanking, laughing, cherishing, learning, and experiencing life in all it's beauty.  I want to thank you for sharing your journey with us and being brave and serving as an inspiration to all of us.  I want to take it all in.  I want it to inspire me and all of us, so we can seek to be enlightened.  To look no further for happiness is a disposition, it isn't found in other people, places or things - happiness is found within your heart.  You've taught me that happiness is being comfortable with what IS and accepting what MAY.  

No comments:

Post a Comment